Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Day 151 - 09/28/11

No comments:
 
In the summer of 1993 I took my girlfriend to Great America to ride roller coasters.  I had a diamond ring in pocket and wanted to ask her to marry me as we were going up the big hill on one of the coasters.  On the drive to the park I played the scene in my mind and fear of dropping the ring overcame me and I decided against the roller coaster proposal.  We ate some breakfast at the Oasis in Dekalb, IL and when we got back to the car I popped the question right there in the parking lot.  I didn't think about the fact that I would forever be the guy who asked his wife to marry him at McDonald's.  One nice thing about it is that every time we make a trip to Chicago it includes a stop at that same McDonald's and we are reminded of the day I proposed.  Today's trip is to the Best Western park and fly.  Tomorrow we will be in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff