Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Photoshop CS6 and the Creative Cloud

No comments:
 

I've been using Photoshop CS3, but today I downloaded a 30 day trial of CS6 and this is my first creation with it.

Adobe recently announced that it will no longer sell boxed versions of Photoshop and is switching to a subscription based service.  A lot of people are upset about it, calling it nothing more than a way for Adobe charge more for their product.  I'm actually all for the change.  Under the previous system if I wanted to have the latest greatest Photoshop, my only choice was to spend $700 to buy CS6.  Under the new plan I can get a year of Photoshop for $240.  Over the course of three years, I'll pay $720 but I'm always updated.  New features are available immediately.  Under the old plan the updates would cost around $150 and come out every 18 months which means three years of the old plan would cost around $900 to stay updated.  Eventually $240 a year becomes more expensive than keeping up with the $150 updates but I'm OK with that.  I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.  Is anyone else?


No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff