Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Running Schedule

No comments:
 

I thought I would write about my running schedule for any that are interested.

June 15 - Hercules Hustle 5K - East Moline, IL - I haven't raced since last November so this one is just to get me going again.

July 4 - Genesis Firecracker 10K - East Moline, IL - I have never ran an official 10K, so I'm sure to get a PR.  It should also help me decide on a goal pace for my half marathon.

July 27 - Bix7 - Davenport, IA - This is the biggest race in the area and for me I enjoy saying that I ran against professional runners even though the Kenyan's are finished before I hit the turn around.

August 10 - Strides for Students 5K - Morrison, IL - This race is being put on as part of a 20 year class reunion.  My 20 year class reunion was held 21 years after we graduated and didn't have bathrooms available.  If a class is putting on a 5K as part of their reunion weekend I have to support it.

September 8 - Clinton Half Marathon - Clinton, IA - I had previously written on here that I was going to do a half marathon in Chicago but plans have changed.  I'm doing one closer to home instead and I think having six or seven more weeks to train will be good for me.

September 21 - Harvest Hammer 5K - Morrison, IL - This is an important race to me for many reasons.  In 2010 it was the first race I ever ran.  In 2011 I ran it in 25:26 which still stands as my fastest 5K and in 2012 it was the first race I ran after recovering from a torn ACL. 

October 26 - Lagomarcino's Cocoa Beano 5K- Moline, IL - I kind of have a love hate with this race.  There are things that I like about it and things that I don't but this will be the fourth year for the race and I ran the other three so I want to keep the streak alive.   

I'll probably do some more later in the fall/winter but this is as far as I have planned out.




No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff