Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Hercules Hustle 5K

No comments:
 

I ran a 5K today called the Hercules Hustle which was part of a Greek Cultural Fest.  Before the race they had a kids race which the guy with the microphone said was going to be four laps around the cones Mario Kart style.  If you haven't played Mario Kart, it's a racing game where you can throw shells or drop banana peals to make your opponents spin out.  I don't think Mr. Announcer meant for it to be this way but if you have young boys racing around a slippery track this is what happens.

My race went well.  As I write this I don't know my official time but I think it was 27:05 which is way faster than I thought I would be able to go today.  My main goal is the half marathon so I've been running everything at 11ish per mile and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run a 9:00 mile but I did and felt pretty good.  I'm going to start adding some speed work once a week and hopefully this fall I will be ready to make another attempt at a sub 25 minute 5K.  

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff